NEW YORK CITY
TOP SIGHTS, AUTHENTIC EXPERIENCESBook - 2017
Lonely Planet Discover New York City is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Tick off more world-famous sights than you thought possible, relax in Central Park, and explore the glittering lights of Broadway or cocktail bars of Brooklyn, all with your trusted travel companion.
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Discover New York City is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Tick off more world-famous sights than you thought possible, relax in Central Park, and explore the glittering lights of Broadway or cocktail bars of Brooklyn, all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of New York City and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Discover New York City Travel Guide:
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - art, music, theatre & nightlife, architecture, food & drink, LGBTIQ NYC, history, politics.
- Free, convenient pull-out New York City map (included in print version), plus over 28 color maps
- Covers Manhattan, Brooklyn, Central Park, the Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Discover New York City, our easy-to-use guide, filled with inspiring and colorful photos, focuses on New York City's most popular attractions for those looking for the best of the best.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences and extensively covers all of the city's neighborhoods? Check out Lonely Planet's New York City guide. Or check out Pocket New York City, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check outLonely Planet's USA guide for a comprehensive look at all the USA has to offer, or Discover USA, a photo-rich guide to the USA's most popular attractions.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves. The world awaits!
Lonely Planet guides have won the TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice Award in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' -- Fairfax Media
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times